The Department of Health has provided the following translated COVID-19 resources:
- How to monitor your COVID-19 symptoms factsheet – available in 63 languages
- COVID-19 Symptom and Antiviral Eligibility Checker – available in 11 languages
- COVID-19 Symptom Checker downloadable graphics for use by health services
- Decision aid (16+ years): Should I get the COVID-19 vaccine? – available in 5 languages
Healthdirect Australia has launched a new helpline – Multicultural Health Connect – the first national helpline to help people in multicultural communities get health information and advice. The helpline is free and confidential, and run by workers with multicultural backgrounds.
In-language help is available by calling 1800 186 815, where callers speak with a trained worker who understands and respects their culture, needs and concerns, either in the preferred language of the caller or with the help of an interpreter.
Through this helpline callers can:
- get free health advice from a nurse
- find doctors, hospitals, support, and community health centres
- find nearby support services
- learn about COVID-19, including how to get a vaccination, protect yourself and your family and manage your symptoms if you get COVID-19
This service is available in all states and territories, except Tasmania and Queensland.
A service fact sheet is attached for more background on the service and a public-facing webpage is available at Multicultural Health Connect | healthdirect.
Download and share this information to provide evidence-based information about COVID-19.