Education & Training
Carers NT provides opportunities for carers to increase their life
skills and qualifications which supports carers in their direct caring
Carers NT provides opportunities for carers to participate in educational and training sessions, which will enhance and add to their knowledge, understanding, skills and qualifications.
Carers NT understands that at times carers are wanting to undertake training and educational courses that may be a direct benefit to their caring role, but are unable to do so due to their caring responsibilities.
Registered Carers can contact Carers NT on 1800 242 636 or 89 444 888 to request further information on respite options and assistance that may be available to carers who are wanting to participate in training and education.
Mental Health First Aid Course
Carers NT have instructors who are accredited by Mental Health First Aid Australia to provide courses to the community. These courses are based on evidence of what is best practice mental health first aid to support someone who has a mental health problem or is experiencing a mental health crisis.
Carers NT qualified instructors are accredited to deliver;
- Standard Mental Health First Aid
- Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander Mental Health First Aid
- Mental Health First Aid for a Suicidal Person
- Mental Health First Aid for Non Suicidal Self Injury (NSSI)
If you are interested in the courses, and would like to discuss further or to register your interest, please contact us on 1800 242 636. Alternatively, send an email to [email protected]
Ignite Your Transformation
Do you want your life to change... but you’re not sure how?
- You want more from yourself and your life
- You feel like something is missing, but you can’t put your finger on it
- You have it all on the surface, but feel unhappy and restless inside You’re wondering who you really are and what you really want
- You feel stuck and unable to move past what’s holding you back
Date: Monday 11th November
Time: 10am – 2pm
Venue: Harry’s Place, 1 Willeroo St, Tiwi
Lunch will be provided
This workshop is free for registered carers.
Workshop is now full, we are not taking any further registrations.